History of Our Company
Walker Machine Tools is a 3rd generation family business which was founded in 1958 by William Robert Walker.
Walker Machine Tools opened in the building Mr Walker built in Jacobs, Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa. The company name and clientele grew at a steady rate requiring a move to 7 Brand Road, Pinetown, Durban in 1980. The company remained there until 2006 when the company outgrew the space.
The company required an even larger premises which led William Robert Walker (Mr Walker Senior, as was fondly called by the staff) to develop and build a new premises at 3 Brand Road, Pinetown, Durban, KwaZulu Natal. He built the building with better facilities such as a 20 ton crane, loading bay, etc. The company moved into these premises in January 2006. Benefiting greatly from this move, the company has grown further and these premises are being fully utilized.